Nowadays, the Bugaboo and Uppababy are the two of the most popular baby car seat brands. As a result, pinning them against each other requires some nitpicking.
To help you make the final decision, we’ve summarized their biggest selling points as well as their key differences. Therefore, by reading this comparison piece you can easily decide which one is best for your baby.
Both the Bugaboo and the Uppababy are excellent infant car seat so picking a winner wasn’t easy. They differ in some areas, most notably in baby height (or length) limit.
About the Bugaboo Turtle
This product fits babies measuring 40 to 85 cm, which often means babies no older than 15 months. Moreover, another advantage of this car seat is that it can fit into any Bugaboo pushchair. Hence, you can use this product as part of a convenient travel system.
On a related note, Bugaboo Turtle partnered with baby brand Nuna on this project. So, that’s why this item has a rearward-facing seat that fits into an Isofix base. Additionally, you can also use the adult seat belt of your vehicle. As for weight, this car seat weighs 4.4kg. Furthermore, the product contains an adjustable headrest and, as we mentioned, is travel-system compatible.
Moving on, we found that the seat was well-built and comfortable for babies to use. Also, the product offers patented padding that ensures high-level protection. Another noteworthy fact is this brand’s two decades of experience. As a result, they know how to update their products and stay ahead of the competition. Plus, they offer complimentary car seat adaptors upon every purchase.
At a glance, we found that the product looks both cute and sturdy. In that sense, it features a smart design that’s also quite functional. However, some might find its appearance too “bulky”. Regardless, the seat was easy to lift, so even recovering mothers will have no trouble adjusting it.
- Extra Padded Insert: This product contains an extra padding insert for newborns or smaller babies. As a result, your baby will remain comfortable at all times.
- Supports Weight: Bugaboo Turtle supports up to 13kg weight. Therefore, you can use this product for newborns to fifteen-month-olds.
- Travel System Compatibility: The product contains a rear-facing Isofix base. Hence, you can use the Isofix base and further support it with the car seat belt. Alternatively, you can also fix this product on any Bugaboo pushchair to convert it to a convenient travel system.
- Hooded Canopy: Bugaboo’s Turtle contains a hooded canopy feature that provides extra protection for your baby. As a result, this addition protects the baby from harsh weather conditions.
- Extended sun canopy
- 50+ UV protection
- i-Size compliant
- Easy adjustment
- Quite bulky
- No electronic indicators at the base
- Bottoms are quite stiff
About The Uppababy Mesa
This product also dominates the market with its rear-facing, Isofix base installation module. Similarly, it is intended for babies of up 70 cm in length. So, this capacity it’s a bit smaller than the Turtle. However, it doesn’t necessarily rule out the utility of this item. Most notably, it can accommodate any baby younger than 13 months. Plus, there’s the option for seat belt installation. Aside from that, the Uppababy Mesa also fits in a travel system. Thus, you can use it on a Cruz or Vista pushchair.
Furthermore, this product is also an example of a brand evolving with the times. Hence, it features a stylish design with a practical layout. Also, they’ve inserted more color in certain areas, thus giving the seat a more modern look. Lastly, thanks to the practical layout, setting up the seat is a straightforward process.
On the other hand, preemies have the upper hand with the minimum weight range on this product. Furthermore, the product also has a wedge, an infant insert, and a low harness position.
- Protection From Side Impact: The Uppababy Mesa contains paddings that protect your baby from side impacts. Hence, you don’t need to worry about their comfort when moving.
- Performance Fabric: This product uses high-performance fabric for extra adaptability. As a result, the padding won’t easily lose its shape.
- No-Rethread Harness: Unlike other baby seats, this product does not contain a rethread harness. Hence, it’s not too hard to get used to it.
- Multivariate Colors: The Uppababy Mesa comes in five colors – charcoal, blue, navy, black, and red. Unlike before, there isn’t an option for a grey color with this iteration.
- Self-retracting connectors
- Easy to install without base
- Adjustable foot on the base
- Flame-resistant material
- Good for traveling
- Tightening and level indicators on the base
- Relatively expensive
- Not all models have natural fabric
- Smaller size limit
Similarities Between Bugaboo Turtle and Uppababy Mesa
Examine the following list to figure out the shared qualities of these two offerings:
- Type of Car Seat
The two products use i-Size compliant seats to boost performance.
- Installation Mode
Both Uppababy Mesa and Bugaboo Turtle use the rear-facing direction of travel. Additionally, the two products utilize the Isofix base installation mode. Plus, you also get to use seat belt installations with either choice.
- Travel System
Both products are travel system compatible. Additionally, they come with an adjustable headrest for your baby’s comfort.
Differences Between Bugaboo Turtle and Uppababy Mesa
To further curate your opinion, take a look at several unique aspects between these products:
- Height Range
The Bugaboo Turtle has a height range of 40-85cm. So, it’s fitting even for babies of 15 months. In contrast, the Uppababy Mesa has a 40-78cm range.
- Seat and Base Weights
The Uppababy Mesa has a higher seat (4.9kg) and base (6.4kg) weight when compared to its counterpart. On its end, the Bugaboo Turtle has a seat weight of 4.4kg and a base weight of 5.9kg.
|Bugaboo Turtle||Uppababy Mesa|
|Car seat type||Baby i-Size||Baby i-Size|
|Installation mode||Isofix base||Isofix base|
|Seat belt installation||Yes||Yes|
|Travel system compatibility||Yes||Yes|
Overall, both of these items can be the right choice for you. In short, it depends on aesthetics and personal preferences. Also, take your vehicle’s measurement into account before placing an order.